The Reluctant Mermaid

one woman unwilling to swim in the same direction as the others

10/16/10

'Tis a gift to be simple, 'tis a gift to be free


This little birdie was a gift from my very dear friend Cindie. It reminds me of freedom. It reminds me of nurturing. It reminds me of new beginnings. I wear it today because I love my friend, she made me feel so special and loved. In fact, I was so moved by her gift (and the sweet note that accompanied) that I totally did the "ugly cry" as I babbled on and on into her voicemail. It was a little embarrassing actually.
I wear it because I need to remember that I have the freedom to live MY life the way I want to now. I wear it because so many people nurtured me so that I could get back to nurturing myself and my children on my own. My friends are gifts, my life is a gift, my journey is a gift. And besides, we all know how hot I look in turquoise.

Um, has everyone met my friend Jodi? You haven't? Seriously? Well, your loss... she's a hottie too...
She sent me this book, 29 Gifts, How a Month of Giving Can Change Your Life which, I know is going to lead me to my next project... you know the one that I take on, full speed ahead, nose to the grindstone, because I'm feeling so AWESOME and CONFIDENT and WORTHWHILE because of THIS little project I have going on?
Ya... it's totally going to happen.
Watch out.
Oh- and don't forget to join me on that.
Because what the world needs now, is love sweet love.

XOXO
(ps- build a little birdhouse in your soul)
(pps- Jodi, I just read an interview with Brooke Shields and she was all, "people ask me all the time if I'm Jodi Cosper!!! I just wish I were lucky enough, apparently she's a hot shit"
True story. )

No comments: