The Reluctant Mermaid

one woman unwilling to swim in the same direction as the others

2/24/10

second verse, same as the first


buried

but not really."second verse, same as the first" is just what came to mind when I wanted to write this post about another poem of Sage's that came home from school this week. I think that I'm blown away a little because for Sage, this is how he is able to open up. He struggles a lot with sharing his emotions and letting us see his how he is processing his thoughts. He gets frustrated with details and words when he is speaking and it's always been a little challenging to let all that stuff flow. So, is this poem outstanding? Well, that's up to you. But what is amazing is that Sage has found a process that works for him that allows him to just let it all out and that's really the point.
Just thought I would share.

Night, by Sage P.

At night I see the moon, the sky and the stars, the clouds.
At night I hear the wind, the crickets, the leaves, the trees.
It feels lonely and cool, and windy blowing through my hair.
The shadows made by owls, and bats with the plane lights to stare.
You hear the cars going by except for the witching hour.
Bat screeching, owls hooting, creatures of hte night they will give you a fright!

No comments: