The Reluctant Mermaid

one woman unwilling to swim in the same direction as the others

6/13/08

moving on...


Sage and his teacher, Mrs. M


Sage is finishing up second grade. Holy crap- I have a second grader.... Hold on, Holy SMOKES----- I have an almost THIRD grader!
His writing journal came home with him the other day and I had the joy of reading his daily entries... some of which I will share:

10/17/07:
"If it really rained cats and dogs I would get a metal umbrella and I would catch a cat."

12/11/07:
"I wish I didn't have to do my homework. It's so boring because when I get home I want to play"

2/14/08:
"My favorite thing about Valentines Day is getting valentines, giving valentines, getting presents, giving presents, giving love and getting love."

3/27/08:
"If three dancing cows got loose in the school we would have a cow dance party! Go cows! Go cows! Go cows! Go cows!"

4/2/08:
"My favorite thing at Duxbury Beach is the waves because they comfort me."

4/17/08:
"I'm looking forward to going to the circus with my Grandpa! (I would invite you but my Grandpa said only two people; me and Grandpa). I hope I go somewhere else too. Otherwise I stay home. I play games on Dad's Ipod."

5/6/08:
"A good friend always gives you attention when you need it. A good friend will always look out for you. A good friend is never mean to you. A good friend always does nice things for you. You can give them a nice gift."

1 comment:

Schriftstellar said...

"My favorite thing at Duxbury Beach is the waves because they comfort me." God, I could just cry. He's a writer, your son...and an almost THIRD grader?! I can't believe it!