The Reluctant Mermaid

one woman unwilling to swim in the same direction as the others

5/25/12

Art is a Feeling


Wise declaration, brought to you by Iris Mae

I think in the next few weeks, I'm going to be doing a lot of "feeling" about my art.  Right now I've been making lots of sweet little goodies and selling them at a local store. But they're cutesy and crafty and made specifically to make a buck or two.  I'm going to figure out what I want to do for ME. I had a little something going at wishstudio but I know that sweet Mindy is also doing a lot of "feeling" about art and so my work there is on hold for now... which is good timing for me since I don't feel confident in what the heck I'm doing.
So... there's that.
Art IS a feeling, and sometimes that feeling is confidence and sometimes it's confusion.  I hope to feel inspiration soon.
I think I'll start with re-vamping this blog.  I'm leaving this shell of design until I figure out what will feel right to me... so stay tuned.
Peace out

2 comments:

jill said...

I know the feeling of wanting to do art work just for ME and I hope and am sure it'll come to us. I SO need to work on my blog and NEED to be better about it. Confidence seems to get in the way.
Be well, my sweetness!
XO and Smiles~ Jill

Mindy said...

it looks great so far and i was so excited to see a fresh post as i know you have so much loveliness to share. and stay tuned... wherever i land you are ALWAYS welcome!!! xoxo