The Reluctant Mermaid

one woman unwilling to swim in the same direction as the others

10/20/10

I'll never be a Breck girl


Oh hair, how you torture me so...
Does any woman recognize this quick tangley twist? The lazy bun? I get stuck with this as a default style because I don't know what else to do.
This post isn't going to be about pretty. It's going to be about how hard it is for me to get a handle on and issue that has plagued me my whole life. My hair.
I can't go into details about it because it's painful, but I suffer from, let's call it a "condition" that strips me of all confidence in making my hair look good. Because I feel like the condition makes it impossible.
So, for now... let's just call todays pretty "Kat washed her hair, it looks shiny and clean" because (as a busy tired mom) getting my hair washed every day is a challenge enough that I made a SPECIAL effort to carefully wash, condition and spritz with a leave in conditioner. I blew it dry and in a minute I might even run the straightener through it.
It's the effort, not the outcome right?

1 comment:

Amelia said...

I hear you! I just got mine cut short enough that a pony tail won't be an option anymore...but now I have to DO something with it. Scary stuff.

By the way, if you are wondering who I am, I just wandered here from Cjane's blog. Take care!