The Reluctant Mermaid

one woman unwilling to swim in the same direction as the others

1/8/09

New Love

Back in September- right about when I had my miraculous self discovery that went a little something like this, I had read a blog entry by one of my favorites, Soule Mama. It featured a photo of many many many perfect wee skirts for her little wee daughter. I thought, "oh hey- I have one of those! (little wee daughters, not skirts)
and then I thought, "oh hey- I've never sewn a stitch in my life! (with the exception of a cute little Waldorf star fairy when I was pregnant with Iris)
and then I thought, "oh hey- maybe someday, along my journey I will learn to sew... like, with a MACHINE (oooo.... aaaaaa.... scaaaaaaaary....)

And just like that, I got a brand spankin' new sewing machine, followed the link from Soule Mama's blog to the free pattern and... may I present to you... Iris's first "Mama Made It" skirt:






I can't say it was easy, it took me about an hour... but I can say that something completely clicked and I believe that I have found a new love.

4 comments:

Schriftstellar said...

Have I mentioned lately how awesome I think you are? Because really: that skirt is so adorable! (I meant what I said on Facebook about the grown-up sizes, too. ;))

<3

Nevada Girl said...

Maybe this will get me inspired to pull out my sewing machine! But I have no little girls to make skirts for. I would like a wrap skirt for me though! :) And a few purses. :)

Anonymous said...

Hello Kat!

It's time to get started on all of your goals regarding your Mutual Mentoring program!

Last week you entered the Giveaway on the Make and Take website for Creating Your Own “LifeVision”. Unfortunately, you weren’t the winner, but we still want to offer you a chance of make 2009 your best year yet! The LifeVision is one of the most powerful ways of implement your goals into your daily life! Many have called it the perfect application to the Law of Attraction. Imagine listening to your goals via an ipod or CD everyday (complete with action plan, motivation etc).

For the next week, you can purchase everything you need to jump start those 2009 goals at a 33% discount. We’re also offering a 30-day trial. If you aren’t satisfied, you can return it for a 100% refund. So what do you have to lose!?!

Click Here For More Information
Let Your Life Speak

jenica said...

that is so cute!
want to make three more for my girls? hehe