The Reluctant Mermaid

one woman unwilling to swim in the same direction as the others

3/29/08

Letterbox

"I'll never know what you'll find when you open up your letter box tomorrow
'Cause a little bird never tells me anything I want to know, she's my best friend, she's a sparrow
And I'll never never know what you never never never want to know when you know what you are, O."
They Might Be Giants- Letterbox


We've discovered the fun family activity of Letterboxing. Yes it was a frigid cold, blustery New England March Day... yes we had to carry the babydoll-girl (decked out in her twirliest of twirly white skirts... over jeans of course) over the fields and mud... yes we had to tell the boy one or two or twenty-five times that we WILL find a letterbox... not to fear... and yes- it was spectacular fun.






this stamp is our family stamp... it's a heart shaped globe with the words "Love Your Mother". Sage named our team "PeaceSquad"

2 comments:

Schriftstellar said...

How awesome!

audrirene said...

How fun! I looked up locations near us, and I think next week we will go try and find 2 at a local park. :) I knew of a similar game using GPS but this is much easier and cost effective. This could get real addcitive. There are 25 within an hour of us.