The Reluctant Mermaid

one woman unwilling to swim in the same direction as the others

1/26/09

Wake, Now, My Senses

We sung this hymn yesterday at church... and well, it pretty much sums up the fact that the Spirit In Action leadership training has done just that... waken my senses... to a deep and meaningful commitment to act as a leader in this country's work of bringing lasting change to the issues of power and oppression.

"Wake Now My Senses"

Wake, now, my senses, and hear the earth call;
Feel the deep power of being in all;
Keep, with the web of creation your vow,
Giving, receiving as love shows us how.

Wake, now my reason, reach out to the new;
Join with each pilgrim who quests for the true
Honor the beauty and wisdom of time;
Suffer thy limit, and praise the sublime.

Wake, now, compassion, give heed to the cry;
Voices of suffering fill the wide sky;
Take as your neighbor both stranger and friend,
Praying and striving their hardship to end.

Wake, now, my conscience, with justice thy guide
Join with all people whose rights are denied;
Take not for granted a privileged place;
God's love embraces the whole human race.

Wake, now, my vision of ministry clear;
Brighten my pathway with radiance here;
Mingle my calling with all who will share;
Work toward a planet transformed by our care.

No comments: