The Reluctant Mermaid

one woman unwilling to swim in the same direction as the others

11/21/07

It's my Birthday and I'll blog if I want to.


Oh what a week, what a week it has been!
So full of Angel talks with my boy, Funny Things with my love and deep emotional compromises about Binkies with the little one.
There wereGrand Openings to work, grand celebration parties to attend, and a delicious GF pizza party with the Cape cousins using a recipe out of Gluten Free Girls new book.
There were flowers on my doorstep, sent with love from my sister in Georgia who proclaims us both to be wild women.
There was a sweet thoughtful gift from my sweet pseudo-mama, Liz. (which helped inspire the soulful Angel talk with my boy)
There was a much needed heart to heart phone call with my dear friend in the midwest (I call her the "Displaced Mermaid") about some heart wrenching issues with her son. Oh how I wish I could just run over there with a tall cup of Dunkin' Donuts for her and just BE there, be present with her as she goes through this.
There was signing up for a winter weekend about Soulful Mothering; a WHOLE weekend... just me and my bad-ass mothering self... did I mention that it was just me? Alone? A-L-O-N-E except for some seriously spiritual super mamas, who are also attending this conference?
There were scary "check engine" lights and "can someone PLEASE BRING ME SOME TOILET PAPER!" screams from the upstairs bathroom... the one so far away from anyone else in the house that yelling for toilet paper is a wasted effort.
Oh my week was so full!
And now it's my Birthday. The big 3 "something-or-other" and we are preparing to hit the road and head off to the Berkshires for some amazing family, food and unforgettable laughter (I'm SURE there will be laughter).
So it is my wish, this birthday (besides world peace) that everyone have a safe and healthy, hearty Thanksgiving. When you blow out your dinner candles, think of me.

3 comments:

audrirene said...

What a busy week you have had. Enjoy your "holiday" and your birthday. Love and kisses sweetheart!

Anonymous said...

Happy Happy Birthday!! (and Happy Tofurkey Day, too!)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday. Sorry I am late. I thought it was THIS Wed. *doh*!
~Kim